Sunday, September 16



Denim – Back In Denim

Released in 1992, personally I seem to remember it being a LIFFE floor favourite at the time, yet this is far from an homage to an earlier age, .

For sure the key references of Chopper bikes and The Osmonds appear, as does an ex-Glitter Band on drums. But lyrically I reckon Lawrence (ex-Felt) deliberately examines the 1970’s in 20-20 hindsight with cynically knowing lines such as

“Look in the mirror tell me what you see
Is it a face of beauty staring back at me
Or should I face the facts I’m just an old roadie”
(Here Is My Song For Europe)

Anyway, let’s not get too analytic, it got a lot of airplay at the time which unfortunately failed to translate into unit sales.

1. Back In Denim
2. Fish And Chips
3. Bubblehead
4. Middle Of The Road
5. Osmonds
6. I Saw The Glitter On Your Face
7. American Rock
8. Livin' On The Streets
9. Here Is My Song For Europe
10.I'm Against The Eighties


Time for a reassessment? Hey, you decide.

http://rapidshare.com/files/56084159/Denim.rar.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah bless you mate. I've been looking for this everywhere and being landlocked in the USA perhaps explains why I haven't spotted it. Still on the fence about the FELT ouvere...but that's a yank for ya?

Cheers.

Cioran

Anonymous said...

I have this one on LP - it's good fun. You've got to love those glam drumbeats!
Newelectricmuse

Anonymous said...

G'day from Melbourne, Australia

I've NEVER been able to buy a copy in any of the record shops or record fairs around here!

And here it is!...In all its glam pop glory!!!

I think it is a marvellous tribute to the early 70's pop music, that, despite everything that has come after it, I will always love the (mickie) most!

Thank you so very much!!!!

Big Ern xxxx

Anonymous said...

Let the Denim revival begin here.

Novelty Rock
http://fileberry.com/4031161899

Your welcome.

Anonymous said...

Any chance that last anonymous person could reup Novelty Rock? Link is defunct.