Saturday, September 22



Ofra Haza - Yemenite songs



Ofra Haza - Shaday

Best known in the UK for that remix of Temple Of Love (Touched by the Hand of Ofra), Ofra Haza tragically (and somewhat mysteriously) died just as she was going global.

These are the two albums you should have. They ARE a must for any serious muso.

The music's Middle Eastern (she was of Yemenite Jewish ancestry) with Anglo-Saxon production values, her voice is superlative (shivers up the spine when you hear the opening of Im Nin 'Alu) and the bass hooks suitably thumping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for this one, I've been looking for this for years : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing~! I have a perchance for obscure but spectacular productions.I will appreciate checking out something new.!

Henry North London 2.0 said...

She died of AIDs which was picked up by her husband who infected her with the HIV virus.

Also sung the 1983 entry to Eurovision in Germany. Great song too

Henry