
Blondie : The Singles Box Set
So there I was in a Shoreditch pub (the Water Poet if you must know) winding down after work (as you do). We go there because 1) the pub has a jukebox and 2) there’s some pretty good tunes on it. The opening bars of Heroes come on, my favourite Bowie track (not a big fan any more, but he did do a blinding version on the Glass Spider Tour and I was with a pretty girl . . . ).
Anyway back to the pub. “Hang on a sec, that’s not Bowie . . .”
To cut a long story short, I never realised Blondie released a version of Heroes.
Mr Google and Mrs Amazon come to the rescue when I get home and I end up ordering (for a short £20) the first 15 Blondie singles (and let’s face it, they were a singles band) in CD format with the original covers (currently at Frames-Are-Us being, er, framed).
So, not only do I get all the hits, I also get rarities like Heart Of Glass (Instrumental), Call Me (Spanish version) and Sunday Girl (French).
Hmmmm . . . will the blogosphere go for it . . . only you, dear reader, can decide!
One you may not have heard before? Give Suzie And Jeffrey a listen from Disc 12
Memories of Blondie? I still rate their Hammy Odeon Sep/Oct 1979 Parallel Lines gig as one of the top 5 gigs off all time with Fade Away & Radiate being the standout track that night (and I was with a -different – pretty girl, I was 17, she was 15, you had to be there . . .).
Anyway . . . enjoy.
Full Listing:
Disc: 1
1. Rip Her To Shreds
2. In The Flesh
3. X Offender
Disc: 2
1. Denis
2. Contact In Red Square
3. Kung Fu Girls
Disc: 3
1. (I'm Always Touched By Your) Presence, Dear
2. Poets Problem
3. Detroit 442
Disc: 4
1. Picture This
2. Fade Away And Radiate
Disc: 5
1. Hanging On The Telephone
2. Will Anything Happen?
Disc: 6
1. Heart Of Glass
2. Rifle Range
3. Heart Of Glass (Extended Version)
4. Heart Of Glass (Instrumental)
Disc: 7
1. Sunday Girl
2. I Know But I Don't Know
3. Sunday Girl (French Version)
Disc: 8
1. Dreaming
2. Sound Asleep
Disc: 9
1. Union City Blue
2. Living In The Real World
Disc: 10
1. Atomic
2. Die Young Stay Pretty
3. Heroes (Live)
Disc: 11
1. Call Me
2. Call Me (Instrumental)
3. Call Me (12” Version)
4. Call Me (Spanish Version)
5. Call Me (12” Instrumental)
Disc: 12
1. The Tide Is High
2. Suzie And Jeffrey
Disc: 13
1. Rapture
2. Walk Like Me
3. Rapture (Special Disco Mix)
4. Live It Up (Special Disco Mix)
Disc: 14
1. Island Of Lost Souls
2. Dragonfly
Disc: 15
1. Warchild
2. Little Caesar
3. Warchild (Extended Version)
rapidshare.com/files/28270639/BSingles1To5.rar.html
rapidshare.com/files/28280530/BSingles6To10.rar.html
rapidshare.com/files/28287589/BSingles11To12.rar.html
rapidshare.com/files/28295112/BSingles13To15.rar.html

12 comments:
sweet share. thanks, friend ...
Many many thanks for Blondie!
Why Why Why? RapidShare? they suck:(use Zshere they rock and you dont have to wait an hr to dl the next tune!! Sorry:)I wanted this so much but its just the dling time.As Always your blog rocks!! Lazy.
Very nice... there I was thinking "I'll only have to download the first batch", then I realise the second lot has Sunday Girl in French, the third has extended Call Me and the last has disco Rapture... guess I'll be here all day... thanks!
The best things in life are worth waiting for Maxim!
thanks so much.....can't wait to download it..I agree "Why Why Why? RapidShare? they suck:(use Zshere they rock and you don't have to wait an hr to dl the next tune!"...but I'll just dl one every hour until I get it....thanks for the share..btw,does this include scans of the covers..?
all the guys whining about radishare and other file sharing sites. you get what you pay for...which is nothing...for the price of a bargain CD you can download for a month non stop. I don't get it. And this is all free for the time needed to download or the wait time if you don't want to buy an account.
Anyways,
This looks like an awesome post. Thanks for sharing!
Blondie did release a bunch of stunning singles but I don't think it's fair to call them a 'singles band'. The first four albums are absolutely perfect (with the exception of the odd track here and there) and there's enough good stuff on the others to warrant getting hold of them too, especially 'Autoamerican' - it has a bunch of different styles but Chris Stein is a genius so it works.
GRACIAS!!!!
Estaba buscandolo hace mucho tiempo
BLONDIE, la mejor banda de todos los tiempos, otra vez GRACIAS.
Thank you so very much for sharing this little pile of diamonds. I'm sitting here between downpours, watching the Williams sisters aiming green balls at each other (Wimbledon final on TV), knowing damn well that there must be something more interesting going on and... here it is! The other side of Blondie. Oh, and did I say thanks? Cheers!
Thanks so much for this. Cheers!
-liquidplatypus
Thanks so much for this!
Post a Comment