Sunday, August 10


Toyah : Safari Records Singles Collection 1979-81

Hmmmmm . . . a surprisingly listenable nostalgia-fest from the chronological music space between Punk and New Romantisism. 

All the ones you remember are here, Victims Of The Riddle, Neon Womb (pure Souxxie), Danced (great riff but could do with being two minutes shorter), Ieya and It's a Mythstewy (sorry, couldn't resist!)

01 Victims Of The Riddle (Part I) 
02 Victims Of The Riddle (Part II) 
03 Neon Womb 
04 Indecision 
05 Waiting 
06 Our Movie 
07 Danced 
08 Last Goodbye 
09 Bird In Flight 
10 Tribal Look 
11 Ieya 
12 The Helium Song 
13 Danced (Live) 
14 Ghosts (Live) 
15 Neon Womb (Live) 
16 It's A Mystery 
17 Revelations 
18 Warboys 
19 Angels And Demons


Part1

Part2

5 comments:

irishdave said...

Excellent synchronicity! I just played Toyah's "Sheep Farming In Barnet" lp the other day for the first time in a few years, and I wondered why I didn't ever buy more in my youth. After listening to this, I'm poor again after going to amazon :-)
But Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ah really great stuff! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

wow this is AWESOME thanks sooo much!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the pt.2 is just pt.1 repeated. :(

A Dashing Blade said...

Er, no it's not.
Poster not know how Winrar works shock-horror!

:-)