Picked up a vinyl version of The Tomorrow People OST on which the
late , great yet almost unknown Delia Derbyshire was involved (under the “for contractual resons” pseudonym Li De La Russe), only to discover that the now sadly defunct (but links still work) X-Y-Z- Cosmonaut's CosmoBlog pre-empted me by a good 6 months.
So bang goes a good 250 word bit of copy I’d written.
Suffice to say, she was one of THE pioneers of electronic music responsible for, among other things, the Dr Who theme (and you thought it was Ron Grainer right?).
Check this BBC Scotland radio interview from the late 90’s for more background on the Dr Who and White Noise stories where she comes across as very much someone my mother would describe as “a nice gel” (but lets not drag my mother into this).
You could also do worse than pay a visit to Lost-In-Tyme’s blog for a copy of the absolutely indispensible must-have in any serious music collection White Noise -- An Electric Storm (1968) on which she also collaborated.
Bollox 2
Still havn’t managed to track down a copy of Beautiful People’s “If 60’s Were 90’s” album yet, but I did manage to get hold of a couple of CD singles which I’ve uploaded for your consideration.

http://rapidshare.com/files/183307625/BeautifulPeopleEPs.rar
Had a weird “you’re never more than 6 people away from anyone on the planet” moment when googling around Beautiful People . . . turns out the drummer (Robin Goodridge) went on to be in Bush (never my cup of Earl Grey but there you go). Also in Bush was Dave Parsons formerly in Transvision Vamp and before that The Partisans. A good drinking buddy of mine at Poly was Mark 'Sharky' Harris, original drummer in The Partsians.
Needless to say, if anyone’s in touch with Sharkey, please tell him Spider sends his regards.
Note: Link updated 14 Jan 09

9 comments:
http://rapidshare.com/files/41351052/beautiful_people_-_if_60_s_were_90_s___1994_.rar
Thanks for sharing the Beautful People. I put "If 60's were 90's" on Radidshare. Feel free to post it.
I only post stuff on my blog that is hard to find, or impossible to find live concerts and other stuff from my personal collection. Just a rule for me...so please visit me here:
http://incaroads-wvkayaker.blogspot.com/
And download if 60's were 90's here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/48393219/If_60_s_Were_90_s.rar
Doesn't even sound close to the same Beautiful People that I have?!?!
Doesn't even sound close to the same Beautiful People that I have?!?!
Deffo the same mob, the reverse of the sleeves gives the band members etc.
I believe you!
It sounds so different
They supported Oasis on their December 1994 tour.
Many thanks for the 60/90 post! As an avid Jimi collector this is a great (if way out left field) addition to my pile of stuff!
All the best from Paul in the 'Hole (Bradford UK)
any chance to re-up since the links doesn't work?
Link upadated!
Post a Comment