Friday, July 20



Beautiful People : Rilly Groovy 12” Vinyl rips @ 256 thingies.

From what I can make out (and feel free to correct if I’m wrong), the Hendrix back-catalogue entered the public domain very briefly in the early 90’s. So a group of UK based DJ remixers got together, called themselves Beautiful People for the purposes of this exercise and released an album of tehno-Hendrix splendour called “If 60’s were 90’s” (as in “If 6 were 9” . . . geddit?). However, the Hendrix estate pretty quickly bought up the rights to his music and the album was quickly withdrawn before you could say “copyright infringement”.

Anyway, I’m now on the sniff for the album on the basis of the 40-odd reviews on Amazon.Com
, but until I track it down, you’ll have to be content with vinyl rips of the two 12”s that look to have been released as album tasters.

This one’s a pretty funky bunch of mixes, shades of Shamen if you ask me
Essential Records ESST 2028

01 Rilly Groovy (A Well Hung Parliament Adventure)
02 Rilly Groovy (S1000 Mix)
03 Rilly Groovy (Vibe Sauce "Dig This" Mix)
04 Rilly Groovy (Ripe Fruity Mix)


While this one wigs out in a more KLF stylee
ESST 2029

01 Rilly Groovy (Australasia Experience 1 Mix)
02 Rilly Groovy (Australasia Experience 2 Mix)
03 Rilly Groovy (Original Version)
04 Rilly Groovy (Du Kanes Spunky Bizarre Trip Mix)
05 Rilly Groovy (Sympathy Mix)





http://rapidshare.com/files/44012709/Beautiful_People-Rilly_Groovy.rar.html

Thanks and a tip of the hat to Twickenham Alan for the loan of the vinyl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a CD single of rilly groovy way back when, and I immediately wanted the album. it took me AGES to find one, but I finally did. due to some vagbond lifestyle issues at the moment, all my CDs are in storage and i cannot rip it for you. however, if you haven't found it in a while I can guarantee a copy eventually ! www.mcquake01@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot !!!
I would also love to hear the complete album...

chetsparks said...

I've got it. Shoot me an email if you'd like to hear.

chetsparks said...

I've got it. Shoot me an email if you'd like to hear it.