Tuesday, June 12



The Jack Officers : Digital Dump (LP vinyl rip)

Right, the Butthole Surfers eh! Where to start?

Locust Abort Technician and Rembrandt Pusseyhorse are probably the best places, so if you havn't got them, get them now, listen carefully for a week then come back here OK?

Cutting to the chase (Wiki or Google for the full story), this is half of the Buttholes (probably/possibly/hey-you-decide) taking the piss out of the US Of A's then nascent acid-house scene.

Name check the samples (Planet Rock, MARRS, Oliver North) played at 33 rather than 45. 

At the end of the day I still havn't got a scooby about this one!

Butthole's live anecdotes? Yes, but I'm not going to committ them to the blog-o-shere. End Of.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

F$%kin' A!
I bought this LP when it came out (I am old fart), and regrettably swapped it a few years later, and haven't seen a copy since! Thanks for the oddity.

Anonymous said...

Bought this LP when it came out (I am an old fart as well). But unlike the other geezer still got it. Thanks for the download, saves me the trouble of ripping it from vinyl

Anonymous said...

Nick's story is also mine.

Thanks

Joe

Anonymous said...

thanxxxxxxxx for this buttholes clone
karlos

Anonymous said...

never heard of this. Can't wait to check it out!