
Black Star Liner : Bengali Bantam Youth Experience
Coming out of the mid-90's Asian Underground scene (Asian Dub, Cornershop, Talvin Singh, Transglobal Underground et al), this lot never made the waves they should have. No idea what the various parts are doing at the moment, I lost sight of them several years ago. Shame, they could have been contenders.
This 1999 offering is their best offering imo in a tabla-driven Asian Kraftwerk kinda stylee . . .
http://rapidshare.com/files/25938822/Bengali_Bantam_Youth_Experience.rar.html

4 comments:
COOL! I got the 'rock freak' 12" what... 10 years ago now, it was SOOO funny and SOOO good! Thanks for this!
Tabla-driven Asian Kraftwerk? This I've got to hear! (I like Asian Dub Foundation but haven't heard these)
Thanks!
Newelectricmuse
The band were from Leeds and feeatured Choque Hosein, who was the DJ f4rom the Warehouse club in the classic 80s goth days when the likes of Marc Almond were customers (The Warehouse then went on to be the home of the Madame JoJos and Up Yer Ronson clubs in the 90s). Hosein had been in a couple of local bands Salvation and The Hollow Men.
Last I heard he was producing but had also done an Indian folky music project.
Saw these in the General Woolfe pub on the Foleshill Road Coventry. Loved them so much that I obtained their CD.
Should have been bigger than they were.
Post a Comment