Monday, November 20



Hollywood Brats – LP Vinyl Rip @ 256k & 48,000Hz

This was originally recorded in 1973 ffs. The ultimate glam/punk album.

Forget your New York Dolls, throw your Hanoi Rocks albums away. This lot are the dogs bollocks.

These guys are the direct missing link between the Glam and Punk, various members swapping feather boas for leather jackets when moving on to join proto-punk bands London SS and The Boys.

Minor aside : claims that Wayne Manor (bass) was murdered by a prostitute in New Jersey in 1982 seem pretty spurious to me, anyone able to confirm or deny that this is the one and the same Wayne Manor who bassed in early incarnations of Autralasia?

http://rapidshare.com/files/65548774/HollywoodBrats.rar.html

6 comments:

A Dashing Blade said...

The guy's been doing it on all blogs.
Spam comments!
Surreal.

Anonymous said...

mate, i've downloaded nice stuff here, many thanks... oh... and this links is dead could you re-up please? i'm interested in the so called ultimate glam/punk album. cheers.

V I K K said...

could u reup this... it sounds good!

cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post - had this album years ago, and its great. Also the lead singer Andrew Mathieson (l think that's the spelling) had a solo LP out which was also good. Another gem loast in the mists of time

Anonymous said...

....mmmmmm doggy this is soooo good... maybe even better than the Dolls, for a first and only album...this is totally solid almost from the first note, it shows some studio savvy...its not raw...but the loud and almost distorted guitars are maxed out on every song...it is foremost an excellent pop album...everybody is given props....david bowie, the dolls,Keith Richards,and Mick hmmmm....Solid A level songs..I said A level songs..= A level band and A level guitars and piano...this is a gift from long ago...where were you in 72..ahhh the miracle of music blogs...not that there aren't puzzling cover choices....if these guys had been American they would have come from Cleveland...some songs are inspired by the same rural country sound that inspired Keith and the Stones at around the same time ....rock rock rock...golden Jerry.... oh yeah, theres a light skip during Zurich 17(a great song).....(Also sick of you)

Unknown said...

Hi, this is Wayne Manor the former bass player of Hollywood Brats.

Thanks for the blog and the kind words, nice to be appreciated.

As you can guess, no I am not dead that was just a PR stunt dreamt up by the band. Somebody thought that it would be a good idea to have one of the guys dead, I turned out to be the one!
I have a page on myspace; http://
www.myspace.com/waynemhollywoodbrat

This proves that I am still around and there are several pictures to prove it! BTW I am a Brit, I was born in London, not NJ as stated on the Hollywood Brats site!

Secondly, I have never had any connections with Autralasia or whatever they are called.

Cheers,
Derek C. (aka Wayne Manor)