
Now, as some of you may have gathered, ADB lives in Central London ("equidistant betwixt Borough Market and the Tate Modern" in estate-agent speak).
So there's a lot of ambient light (steet lamps, office blocks etc) at night.
Even more so in Summer (twilight starts the wrong side of 04.00) and when there's a full moon and a clear sky (as happened this week).
The upshot of all this is the local avian population gets so confused that we're currently experiencing a three hour dawn chorus ffs.
Where am I going with this? Oh yes . . .
One of the UK's more eccentric digital radio stations, "Birdsong", a station that, guess what, played a looped recording of the dawn chorus has just been taken off the air.
Cue letters to The Times, questions asked in Parliament, leaders in The Telegraph, howls of protest from Middle-England (ok, exagerating to proove a point here, I think it regularly got 30,000 listeners).
But, fear not gentle reader, blogosphere to the resue, to paraphrase Rupert Brooke, Birdsong's memory can now live in some corner of a foreign hard-drive that is for ever England.

5 comments:
21 minutes in, rock and roll.
If I believed in them I'd have put you forward for a knighthood at least in the Queen's birthday thingy... thanks very much for this public service!!
Thanks for this! We used to lull the kids to sleep with Birdsong - now we can again (they're not quite ready for Messiaen yet!).
ry time Iget home I checkout the goodies todownload, but after 2 downloads, I have to wait 15 minutes to be allowed todonwload again
FIFTEEN MINUTES, that's Fu@cking ages man
drop this crap rapidshare, what's rapid about that
why don't you do it ,the way they do on tapes from africa, just plain old, right click , save as , mp3 thank you very much
:-)
http://awesometapesfromafrica.blogspot.com/
oh,and
http://www.wavesatnight.com/
also got that right click , save as, going on
thanks for taking the time to read this
:-)
Hmmmmm . . . I'll argue the toss with sonny on this one, but, as his blog has stuff by the magnificant Oum Koulsoum, I've added him to the "Blogs Of Distinction" sidebar.
Post a Comment