Sunday, November 23


Louis Jordan - Jivin' With Jordan - 4 CD Set

Well worth spending 5 minutes reading his Wiki entry if you're unsure about this essential download.

100+ tracks over 4 CDs, obviously all the favorites are here. To my mind, this stuff is the missing link between the swing orchestra 1930's and the early rock and rollers in the 50's.

Wtf they were smoking back in those days to come up with titles such as "You Run Your Mouth And I'll Run My Business" and "If You're So Smart How ComeYou Ain't Rich" is anyone's guess, but if I find some, I'll let you know.

Part1

Part2

Like this? Then also check out The George Washingmachine Quartet album I posted last year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glorious stuff! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. Martin from Canada.

censusloss said...

Everybody has kind of heard of him but hardly anyone listens to him and he does not feature on posts until yours -I don't think you are that far wide of the mark in your swing/R&R remarks..

Many thanks for your contribution to us out here