
The George Washingmachine Quartet - Room 301 Sessions
Off to Le QuecumBar in Battersea last Sunday, a storming jazz venue that owner Sylvia (we chatted over a ciggie outside) has converted from a bog-standard Victorian back-street pub into an homage to Django Reinhardt.
Anyway, while I don’t profess to be a jazz fan (2000+ albums on the hard-drive, 10 filed under “Jazz”) even I could tell that this lot played a blinder.

I’d describe this as pre-war jazz, nothing “experimental” here. Think chilled-out Louis Jordan, think Jeeves & Wooster, it’s the sort of stuff you’ll hear on the really old Tom and Jerry cartoons.
01 My Blue Heaven
02 Krazy Kapers
03 Blues In The Night
04 China Boy
05 Flamingo
06 Wes's Tune
07 Sam The Vegetable Man
08 Oriental Shuffle
09 Heavy Date
10 Solitude
11 That's A Plenty
12 He Aint Got Rhythm
Download and enjoy . . .
http://rapidshare.com/files/65528978/GeorgeWashingmachineQuartet.rar.html

No comments:
Post a Comment