Sunday, February 4




Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
Renegades Of Funk


For reasons lost in the midst of time, we were big into Afrika
Bambaataa as students, no idea how we first heard him but, and
a big hats-off to Domonic the Ents Officer at the time, in 1984/5
(pretty sure it was after I picked this up) the great man himself
plus full entourage did a small UK tour . . .Hammersmith Palais,
Glasgow Barrowlands and . . . er . . . Kingston Polytechnic!
Go figure.
Anyway, it was, needless to say, a stormer of a gig.

Another vinyl rip, yes, I know you've all heard it before
but this is the original 12" (with the comic book sleeve)
containing original, vocal and instrumental mixes.

AFRX 1 on Tommy Boy records.

Nice name checking on the back sleeve . . . James Brown, Sly & The Family Stone,
Parliament Funkadelic, Bootsy Collins, George Clinton and Kraftwerk.

http://rapidshare.com/files/21033387/ABandtheSSF.rar.html

2 comments:

John Spithead said...

Thanks for that - I saw them on that tour too, although they were only doing a few songs as a personal appearance, at the Ilford Palais, I think. If my memory serves me well, I don't think they were very good and I didn't pay much attention, to be honest. I remember Tony Blackburn, who had been compere (fuck, the eighties were a mess!) slagging them off on his Radio London show the next day for being arrogant (pots & kettles). Anyway, I'm greatly enjoying your blog.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.