
The Adventures Of Robinson Crusoe : Theme Music
If you're of a certain age, you'll remember this.
If you not and don't, then grab it just fopr the opening theme song.
This 13 part black and white dramatisation of Daniel Defoe's famous novel was made by Franco-London Films, syndicated in America 1964 and first screened in Britain in 1965.
Filmed mostly on location in the Canary Islands, the series painted a classic picture of heroism and survival over disaster and helplessness, from the delight of lighting his first fire to the eventual defence of the island from mutineers.
The series was also punctuated with flashback sequences of Crusoe's earlier life; his childhood in York, his unhappy apprenticeship to a lawyer and, finally, his running away to sea.
Unlike most other versions, the series showed many of his early adventures and his subsequent capture by and escape from slave traders.
The haunting theme tune and enchanting musical score were the work of Robert Mellin and Gian-Piero Reverberi, two highly respected musians who were very active in European popular music, and these have become forever etched into the consciousness of thousands of people with fond memories of the series.
http://rapidshare.com/files/5721894/AdventuresOfRobinsonCrusoe.rar.html

8 comments:
Aah, the memories come flooding back. Many, many thanks for this.
I used to watch this! It used to be on over the summer holidays. Great theme tune. The other one I remember from this period was your near namesake The Flashing Blade - remember that? (It also had an excellent theme tune!)
Thanks
Newelectricmuse
Indeed I do Muse . . . actually that is where I nicked by blog name but thought "Flashing Blade" a little too double-entendre ish in this politically correct age.
Wav of that theme music available here . . . http://www.thechestnut.com/flashing.htm
did you hear the tune 'crusoe' - a Cinerama 'B' side (or additional CD track) - it uses theme tune & does it quite well. One of those tunes I keep going back to every so often
I was actually looking for Space Ritual having seen Hawkwind twice in the early '70's and then I came across this little gem,if you only knew how often I have tried to remember this theme tune. I watched it all when I was about 10 and loved it and that tune used to haunt me and then I forgot how it went wow! I was 10 again today so thanks for that and I'll save hawkwind for an interesting night in if you know what I mean. Thanx again Dash
Thanks Dash I was very fond of this series and own a poor quality bootleg dvd, me and my brother used to be glued to screen when it was on thanks so much
Thankyou so much - tonight I will be seven years old again...."It was my fifth day on the island....." Can't wait !
Well, you already know I like this. Good to see it get some more recognition and that I'm not alone in remembering this fondly.
Post a Comment