
Nick Turner's Sphinx : Xitintoday
Hawkwind : Space Ritual
With Mrs Blade out on the lash last Friday with the girls, and unable to find anyone up for a “swifty” after work I went onto www.ents24.com to see what was happening gig-wise.
F**k me, Nick Turners Space Ritual are down the 100 Club!
Havn’t seen so many ageing acid casualties since the the last time I was in the crash-out tent at Stonehenge (1981/2?). (Tip for the fashionistas out there, the “thinning on top, long at the back” hair style is soooo last year daaaahling.)
But they rocked tbh. We got Sonic Attack, Steppenwolf, Brainstorm, Quark, Reefer Madness, Ten Seconds Of Forever, Orgone Acculmulater and a couple more that I was too pissed to remember, all faithfully done.
And the 25 year old memories evoked were, of course, priceless.
Picked up Xitintoday at the gig, an album that I remember as being unlistenable hippy bollocks when it came out (the flute was recorded inside one of the pyramids, almost certainly at full moon with Orion is ascendant etc) but which has definitely improved over time.
http://rapidshare.com/files/150322032/XitinToday.rar.html (repost Oct '08)
I’ve also put up Space Ritual (one of the definitive double live albums) up just so you can appreciate just how good Hawkwind used to be . . .
http://rapidshare.com/files/2090548/SpaceRitualCD1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/2089634/SpaceRitualCD2.rar

6 comments:
Thank you for the Hawkwind. Keep up the eclecticism!
any chance of reposting Sphinx: Xitintoday
Strange but good..thanks!
really looking forward to the sota. don't like nik turner much since he rubbished hawkwind at one of his early inner city gigs.
thanks.
steve
steve hillage plays guitar on this album it must be good
As a first time visitor, it seems almost rude of me to not do what first time visitors invariably do, ie ask for a re-up!
The release in question is the RS link to:
Hawkwind : Solstice Remixes 12" Rip
I have the Betty Botox remix and original 12 Inch mix of Valium 10and the Egosentrifug Remix of Master Of The Universe which is pretty cool and I could also throw in a few other Hawkwind related rarities in return.
First time I saw them was at the 84 Henge Free Festival, I was 14 and my gods, did that six or eight hour set stay imprinted in my brain (I think the strawberry blotters helped!) Aah...happy fragmented memories!
Anyway, if you can help with the re-up, I would really appreciate it.
Post a Comment